Volkswagen Caddy SteelPod - Twin steel drawer system (with integrated bed)
This is a twin drawer SteelPod, with the integrated sliding bed. It will fit in SWB, MWB and LWB models.
The key components and features are:
- A steel frame that bolts down to the 4x lashing points in your van floor, so it's held securely in place. Everything is then secured to this frame.
- 2x pairs of ball bearing full extension drawer sliders, strength tested on our behalf at a proper UK facility. Each pair can withstand over 200kg in weight.
- Another pair of ball bearing sliders which is used to secure the fully extending bed.
- Twin steel drawers, with aluminium checker-plate drawer bases, locks and handles
- Removeable timber inserts for the top drawer that provide you with a handy work surface or somewhere to locate a gas stove (for example).
- Powder-coated for a durable and smooth finish in a very dark grey (nearly black).
- Thicker (18mm) black hex-board bed tops (similar to buffalo board) made from birch plywood.
- If you change your van in the future, this SteelPod will fit most small and medium sized vans.
Note that a mattress is not included, but are available from other suppliers. Contact us for details.
If you opt for the DIY version, the SteelPod will be delivered to you on a pallet. You will just need simple tools to secure M5 and M6 nuts & bolts, screws, and whatever tools your lashing points might require. The hex-board bed tops will also arrive unfinished and therefore the sides might require a light sanding and then protected with a varnish or oil of your choice.
Alternatively, you may have your SteelPod fitted at one of our approved centres. It can be fitted while you wait, the timber will be finished, and you will also benefit from an extended 5-year warrranty.