VW Transporter SteelPod. DIY fitting. No Bed.
New for 2024, we are offering a re-designed version of the SteelPod which is easier to fit and can be delivered to your doorstep for DIY installation. It will fit your T5 or T6 van, kombi or shuttle.
The key components and features are:
- A steel frame that bolts down to the 4x lashing points in the floor of your transporter/bulli/multivan, so it's held securely in place. Everything is then secured to this frame.
- 2x pairs of ball bearing full extension sliders, strength tested on our behalf at a proper UK facility. Each pair can withstand over 200kg in weight.
- Twin steel drawers, with aluminium checker-plate drawer bases, locks and handles
- Powder-coated for a durable and smooth finish in a very dark grey (nearly black).
- A 15mm hex-board (similar to buffalo board) birch plywood top
- If you change your van in the future, this SteelPod will fit most small and medium sized vans.
- If you want to adapt this model in the future, to give it the sliding bed, then that's possible to.
This model you're viewing does NOT include the sliding bed or mattress. Please reselect the other option if you want a bed.
If you opt for the DIY version, the SteelPod will be delivered to you on a pallet. You will just need simple tools to secure M5, M6 & M8 nuts & bolts, screws, and whatever tools your lashing points might require. The hex-board top will also arrive unfinished and therefore the sides will require a light sanding and then protected with a varnish or oil of your choice. Please note that the SteelPod will be delivered on a pallet, but two people are required to carefully unpack and assemble.
Alternatively, you may have your SteelPod fitted at one of our approved centres. It can be fitted while you wait, the timber will be finished, and you will also benefit from an extended 5-year warrranty.
If you are a business and require a formal quote then please email us. Our website prices include VAT.
Reserve now by calling Debs on 07852 537754.